Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
• Facilitation - through the EAGALA model https://vimeo.com/392820550
• Ground based - No riding, on the ground, and no previous horse knowledge
• Solution Orientated approach - we believe you have own answers, and we provide a space with the horses to help you address this.
• Treatment team - trained and experienced therapist and an equine specialist (knowledge of horse psychology and behaviour) present
• Psychotherapy - Working with clients and horses to address treatment goals
• Experiential - Learn about themselves and others by participating in activities with horses
• Use metaphors - Processing or discussing thoughts, beliefs and understanding of interpretation of interaction with the horses during that session